Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sally LOVES to read again and again is my thankful post number ten

I know when some people do their blogs they can post a few pictures and that will tell the story but not on my blog, the more the merrier right?? My thankful post #10 is that I'm so thankful that my Sally LOVES to read! She loves books and even though she doesn't really know how to read all of the stories she can look at the pictures and make up her own words. Mr. Incredible reads to her before he puts her to bed and this has been our habit since Sally was about 6 months or so. Once I got her a Fancy Nancy book to read in the car on the way back to Salt Lake from Portland, I couldn't actually read the book to her but I told her I would read it to her when we got home. She said, "oh I already know what this book is about," and then she went on to tell me pretty much what was written on each page because she had looked at the pictures so much in the car. She is a smart girl and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that she LOVES books!! So here are a few pictures of my Sally reading book in no particular order. Daddy's books can be kind of boring sometimes
Nana sent some Bob Books to help Sally read by herself and they are so helpful! Sally was so excited to get Fancy Nancy for Christmas
Kimmy and Sally love to read together
Grampy Carpy LOVES to read to Miss Sally when he is here visiting She'll read ANYWHERE (this is our bed) We go to the library all the time to get MORE books, as if we didn't have enough :)
Nana LOVES reading to her too She'd read so much she'd put herself to sleep, what an easy child
This was Sally's collection when she was young and she'd read them ALL THE TIME :) Sally ALWAYS gets books for her birthday
You have to start them out young
Sally about age 2 reading with Daddy

No comments: