Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Lesa Thompson's Sugar Cookies
I've had another request to put this recipe on my blog. When it comes to baking these cookies are pretty much the only thing I make and I LOVE making them for Jeff's co-workers (I have to make sure he is well liked at work) :) These are the BEST sugar cookies I've ever had! I LOVE the dough and I could eat these with NO frosting they are that good. So here it is...
1/2 C. Shortening 2 2/3 C. Flour
1 C. Sugar 1 tsp baking powder
1 Egg 1/2 tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C. Sour Cream 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Cream together shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla and sour cream. Add the dry ingredients. Chill the dough (I usually chill it over night but if you made the dough in the morning by evening they should be chilled enough). Roll out dough and cut out cookies desired. Bake at 425 degrees for 4-6 minutes depending on how crispy you want them :) I usually double the recipe
Frosting
3/4C. butter, softened 9C. sifted powdered sugar (about 2 pounds)
1/4C. milk 2 tsp vanilla
Milk food coloring (optional)
In a mixing bowl beat butter until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in the 1/4 cup milk and the vanilla. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar. Beat in enough additional milk to reach spreading consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring.
Sally making sugar cookies last February
Posted by
The Poulsen Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, you can brings these to Thanksgiving. :) Yum yum
Thanks for posting this! So I have one more request, can I get the frosting recipe to? THanks!!! I thinkg everytime you make these cookies for Jeff to bring to work I eat most of them they are so good!
So, do you actually know Lesa Thompson? Because thanks to this post, I realized that she's in my ward here in SoCal (not many people spell Lesa with an "e", so I had to ask). Thanks to that, we connected that she lived in the Sunset Hills ward in the late 70's/early 80's and was good friends with my parents. Whoa! SMALL world! So thanks for helping us connect!
Post a Comment