Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stress Fracture

Most of you know by now that Mr. Incredible and I are big on running and that we're training for our first full marathon in April. Well my leg has been bothering me off and on since November so we decided that we'd go to the doctor (to get a second opinion) and rule out a stress frature. We were all surprised, including the doctor, to see that I do in fact have a stress fracture. I took this picture of my x-ray, because I don't have a scanner, and the arrows point to where the fracture is. The marathon is in about 2 months and the doctor said I would probably have to stay off it for 4-6 weeks. We're going to a specialist on Friday to see what he says though. Till then I have to stay off it as much as possible.

3 comments:

Sharlene said...

That is too bad about the stress fracture. I would not run the marathon and save your leg for the Hood to Coast. Marathons are a dime a dozen, but who knows when you will be able to run to the Hood to Coast again. Good luck.

The Georges said...

Sorry to hear about the Wingers Bowl. I was sure you were going on that trip! Also, I am sorry about the stress fracture. I hope it heals quickly.

The Gardners said...

Even in an X-ray, you can tell that you have sexy legs! You got mama you! Miss you guys!