Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bath or Bedtime

Last night it was business as usual for our bedtime routine. Sally gets a bath, then her jammies, books and then bed. We give Sally the option of playing in the bath for a bit or getting out right away. She always choices to play and while she does one of us will usually stay close by (go on the computer or something like that), so last night I was on the computer and I could hear her in the bath but then pretty quick I couldn't hear her or the water. I called for her but she didn't respond, when she is under water she can't always hear us so I called louder. She still didn't respond again and I got nervous and ran in there to find her eyes closed and motionless in the bath. I started to get scared until I saw that she was still breathing...she had fallen asleep in the bath :) I ran and got the camera and couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the night. When I took her out of the bath and when she finally woke up she got a kick out of it herself. She kept saying “I fell asleep in the bath tub”

8 comments:

Bryan and Marissa said...

Janet that is too funny! I think I would have freaked out first too!

John said...

Have you ever seen the movie The Shining. If you have you know what Im talking about.

Lindsey said...

Freaky Friday! I bet you just lost a year or two of your life expectancy! I'm glad you got a picture, words just wouldn't do the humor of it all justice.

Patrick and Paige said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS....I totally used to do that as a kid, but nobody ever took a picture of it. I think it's funny that when she woke up she laughed about it too. what a cutie.

Babe in Boysland said...

Hahahaha! That's awesome. It would totally have freaked me out at first too. I'm glad you got a picture! I'm all about documenting the little moments.

Michael and Brinn said...

Big Jeff and Janet-
Hi! Jeff, I'm glad that you happened upon my blog. It's so fun to see some updates of you and your family. Your little Brooklyn is beautiful and her name is beautiful too(we chose the same for our oldest). I hope life is great. I miss those beautiful mountains that are in the back ground of a lot of your pictures. Take care, and I'll check back again.
Brinn

The Georges said...

That's the cutest thing!

Aubs said...

wow that would totally freak me out! I'm glad she was just sleeping.