First off I have to send a shout out to my older sister Carol for her birthday today, Happy Birthday Carol and Happy Anniversary to you and Geoff. We love you both and glad that you're both part of our lives!!!

Today our day started out by going to Lowe's for their Build and Grow program, we build bird feeders today and had such a fun time. When we got home and into the afternoon I heard a thud come from the back room and Sally come running and crying to me saying that her arm hurt. She had already fallen once this week so I wasn't sure if it was from a few days ago or not. I asked her what happened and she said she fell off her chair, then it changed to I was standing on the chair and then fell off. I poked and prodded all over her hand and wrist and found the tender spot. She told me to leave her hand alone and that she wanted to go lay down in her bed and call Daddy (who was working). Poulsen and I chatted and after poking and moving her hand a little more decided it was a good idea to head to Kids Care. By the time we got there her wrist was swelling up and after the x-ray it showed she had a fractured bone just below her wrist. My Sally was so brave and didn't cry at the doctors office at all, she thought the x-ray was cool since it was her first one. She was however a little disappointed that she didn't get a cast, just a splint that she needs to keep on for the next 3-4 weeks. We went for ice cream after the doctors and we've had a uneventful evening since, she is quite proud of her splint and even told me she is a very lucky girl :) I would second that!

Happy and smiling

Not so happy at the dr's office

Feeling a little better with some Motrin while they put on the splint

Feeling AWESOME and being oh so cute!
2 comments:
So sad she broke her arm! :( But I think she is a tough girl. She looks so brave in the picture at the dr.s
Oh no! I bet that was pretty scary for her and how great she was so brave! No cast, but splints are pretty cool :)
Post a Comment