Monday, August 31, 2009

Portland - Multnomah Falls and Stuff

We had such full days while we were in Portland. One day we woke up and Mr. Incredible started building my mom a planter box before we took the girls to Multnomah Falls. It was just Mr. I, the girls and me on this trip and before we left the house I told my mom that we might hike to the top her reaction was, "GreaNO," she changed her mind in the middle of the word because she realized it hadn't even been 2 weeks since my surgery. Well I've never been a very good listener and I felt really good so we hiked to the top with the girls and they were champion. Almost no complaining (we promised them cinnamon rolls when we were all done) and it was so beautiful at the top looking over the river. The funniest part of the hike was on the way up Mr. I would stop on almost every switch back and say "Look at that moss," and take a picture. Can you tell he didn't grow up in Oregon, or anywhere else where it rained?? Mr. I finished the box a couple days later and had a little helper help him with the soil. It was such a fun 10 days or so with Sharlene's family there, I wish we all lived closer so we could do it more often.
The cave of wonders
The other side of the BIG tree, the trees are definitely BIGGER in Oregon then Utah
The tops of the falls overlooking the river
There was a huge tree that the girls could climb through
At the top of the falls
Overlooking the river at the top of the falls
The bottom of the falls after hiking back down
The whole crew at the bottom
Such a fun helper and a good looking box.

2 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Doesn't it stink not living by family?? I hate it! My brother's and their wives (or should I say my sister-in-laws and their husbands ;) are my very best friends! I love hanging out with them and their kids. And parents/grandparents are too bad either! :) It just isn't fair!

And that is a mighty fine looking planters box!!

Sharlene said...

We wish we were closer as well. Thanks for letting me borrow the pictures.