Saturday, December 29, 2007

White Christmas

We had the pleasure of enjoying Portland’s first White Christmas in 17 years. I remember the last time Portland had a White Christmas in 1990 I was 9 and my family (all 6 of us) piled into my dad’s Ford F-150 and drove to my Nana’s house, it was quite the adventure. The news said that there is a 7% chance of snow every Christmas and that Portland has only had 6 White Christmases since 1940 (a little trivia for you) There wasn’t enough snow to stick on the roads or to go play in it but enough to count as a White Christmas.



3 comments:

Babe in Boysland said...

Janet! I saw you added me to your list of blogging friends so now I'm totally adding you to mine. :-)

~Michelle

(I'm glad you all got to see snow for Christmas!)

The Georges said...

Janet, at last we are friends again. I'm glad you emailed me your blog site. I loved reading through it to see what you have been up to all these years. I am glad you are doing well.
Love,
Julee

Kandis Mortensen said...

I loved seeing how you celebrated Christmas and I'm glad you got home safe! Keep the pics coming!