Pre-op smiling because I'm so happy this day has come, not as much smiling afterwards but I was still super happy!
Friday, July 31, 2009
Sugery
Well I made it through surgery with flying colors. Everything went exactly as the doctor had wanted it to. I went to the hospital on Thursday morning around 7am to get prepped for my same day surgery. All the pre-op stuff went very smoothly and they didn't have any problems finding a vein for my IV (yippee) and also got it the first try :) I rolled into the OR a little after 9am and joked around with the nurses and doctors for a few minutes before they put me to sleep and the next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room. I asked if everything went well probably 3 or 4 times and I was not making any sense at all, I'm sure the nurses got a good laugh out of me. They rolled me out of the recovery room and there was my wonderful Mr. Incredible waiting for me. We headed to the post-op room where the next thing I remember was the nurse giving me a pain pill with some yummy pudding, the only thing that I had eaten besides ice chips since around 11pm, and getting up to use the potty. I started feeling nauseous and VERY lightheaded they had to call for a wheelchair to take me back to my room, needless to say I was extremely embarrassed. They put me back on oxygen and had me lay down for a long time before we tried that again. It took me a little longer to get released from the hospital because my bladder would not wake up but eventually it did and I was able to go home. Since coming home I have wonderful friends and family come and visit and bring me dinner. Our neighbors watched Sally all day while we were at the hospital and that was a huge blessing. Most of all I have been carefully and diligently watched over by my Mr. Incredible. He is the most amazing man and so selfless, he even slept on the couch so he wouldn't bother me while I was sleeping. Thank you for all your prayers on our behalf they were certainly answered and then some. Our family is truly blessed.
PS if you have no idea what I'm talking about you can email me and I'll fill you in on the little details :) giantontheleft@yahoo.com
Pre-op smiling because I'm so happy this day has come, not as much smiling afterwards but I was still super happy!
Pre-op smiling because I'm so happy this day has come, not as much smiling afterwards but I was still super happy!
Posted by
The Poulsen Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad Surgery went well!!!
So glad it went well! We'll be praying for some results for you! ( :
I am so glad things went well... I hope things work out!!
I am glad that all went well!!!
Glad to hear that everything went well. :) Hope you are recovering nicely still.
Janet- I guess I'm a little out of the loop... didn't know you had surgery but glad everything went well! Hope you are feeling better and back to normal soon! :)
Post a Comment